Wednesday, January 12, 2011

At home in Sunbury, to Melbourne & Christmas

My family live in Sunbury a town some 40 mins. by train from Melbourne.  Having read emails and news from home about snow and frozen pipes etc.etc. I feel guilty about the next photo of me in the garden at home here, but here goes! Here I am being educated by Yasmin reading my first Harry Potter!


Country woman from little old Devon goes to the big buzzing, cosmopolitian city of Melbourne.


St.Pauls Cathedral - The old!


My family in one of the many shopping malls - the new!  Everything you could ever want of a big city - it is here.  You can eat any national cuisine you wish but we had a good, substantial, economical, vegetarian meal in the Hari Krishna restaurant.

CHRISTMAS.

The family meal and presents were celebrated on Christmas Eve - continental style - apologies for the contrived photo! Pass on that one!



Christmas Day was spent in the Mount Macedon National Park a vast, beautiful forested area. The bring and share picnic lunch was shared with 16 friends - I never did manage to get all together for a group photo but here is one showing my family at the trough! Yasmin and Lara on the right.
Lara and others at Christmas Day Picnic feast

After lunch great fun was had by the more energetic in  a game of football - that merged into cricket - that merged into frisby - that merged into rugby.  There were no pitch markings and there seemed to be no rules!!!
Later my family and I walked a trail in the forest of beautiful and stateley Gum (Eucalyptus) trees.

Gum trees and me.

Lara and François at Sanatorium Lake - named because this lake in the forest used to supply water to a TB sanatorium - no longer needed, thank goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment